ST. THOMAS- Members of the 33rd Legislature led by Senate President Novelle E. Francis, Jr. reconvened in the second day of Legislative Session at the Capitol Building on Wednesday and voted favorably on the remaining measures that were not considered in the hearing yesterday.
Senators voted and approved the following:
- Bill No. 33-0419- An Act approving the Contract of Sale by and between the Government of the lands acting through its Department of Property and Procurement and Rafael G. Garcia for Remainder of Plot No. 40-KB Estate La Grange, Westend Quarter, St. Croix, Virgin Islands, consisting of approximately 0.429 U.S. acres, more or less, and Remainder Plot No. 40-KC Estate La Grange Westend Quarter, St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands consisting of 5.225 U.S. acres more or less
- Bill No. 33-0420- An Act amending Title 29, chapter section 543 relating to the powers of the Virgin Islands Port Authority to authorize the Authority to establish its self-insurance or captive insurance program to cover and manage certain risks
- Bill 33-0421- An Act approving the Second Renewal to the Agreement for Group Medical Health Insurance between the Government of the Virgin Islands and CIGNA Health and Life Insurance Company; the Second Renewal of Group Dental Insurance dated October 1, 2020, by and between the Government of the Virgin Islands; and the First Renewal of Agreement for Vision Insurance dated October 1, 2020, between the Government of the Virgin Islands and Standard Insurance Company.
- Bill No. 33- 0416- An Act appropriating up to $3million from the Unemployment Insurance Fund to the Department of Labor in the fiscal year ending on September 30, 2020, as amended
- Bill No. 33-0370- An Act appropriating $800,000 to the Virgin Islands Bureau of Motor Vehicles to renovate a building located at #100 Crown Bay, St. Thomas, Virgin Islands
However, senators voted to remove off the agenda:
- Bill No. 33-0198-An Act amending the Virgin Islands Code title 14, chapter 7, section 192, relating to the importation of snakes, to increase the penalty for the illegal importation of snakes and imposing penalties for the importation of animals or species not indigenous to the Virgin Islands which may pose a threat to the ecosystem of the Virgin Islands or the people of the Virgin Islands; and amending title 19, part VII, chapter 63, section 2709 (b), relating to prohibition on importing of animals to prevent disease to require animals entering the Territory to have a valid certificate of veterinary inspection, and to subject any animal entering the Territory without a certificate of inspection to quarantine as amended