The jurisdiction of the Committee Education and Workforce Development encompasses, and the Committee shall:
(1) receive, consider and make recommendations on all bills relating to education, prekindergarten programs, elementary, middle school, and secondary educational institutions, adult education, the University of the Virgin Islands, charter schools, alternative education, and all matters pertaining thereto; (2) receive, consider, and make recommendations on all bills relating to the Department of Education, the Board of Education, the Board of Career and Technical Education and the Scholarship Board;
(3) receive and consider all bills relating to teachers and education personnel;
(4) receive and consider all bills related to scholarship programs;
(5) receive and consider bills and other matters relating to all cultural affairs, including cultural heritage, intellectual property rights and artistic activities, and other products of human works and thoughts; and
(6) receive, consider, and make recommendations on all bills relating to labor, collective bargaining, civil service, retirement, workers’ compensation, unemployment insurance, occupational, safety and health, training and retraining programs, and all matters pertaining them; and
(7) receive, consider, and make recommendations on bills relating to the Division of Personnel, employment agencies, the Virgin Islands Wage Board, the Virgin Islands Public Employees Relations Board, and any other board, commission, or agency whose operation or nature of business is relevant to education, youth, or the operation of the Workforce Development.